Monday, August 18, 2014

The Book Page Wreath


This is one of my favorite DIY projects I have done.  There's something about making something yourself that is so satisfying!  This wreath is huge and is the perfect filler for my large entry way.

There are several tutorials out there for this but the one I used is from North Carolina Charm.  I bought a big atlas from the Goodwill and used my 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon for the styrofoam ring, how inexpensive is that?  I love the blues and greens from the atlas and the fact that the pages are old and a little discolored.  It really made the wreath unique. The only thing I under estimated was the amount of hot glue sticks I would use.  Also, the amount of burns I would get from said hot glue.  Wow.

I love how many variations there are to this wreath, like this wavy wreath or this rosebud wreath, which is probably my new favorite.  








Have you made a Book Page Wreath before?  Do you have a favorite style? Any tips and tricks you'd care to share?